Monday, August 16, 2010

Cinderella: Fairytale?

Dear Josie,

I have so much to tell you. I haven't seen you since sophomore year but so much has happened. Remember how Mr. Smith was mentoring me? Well... we ended up experiencing more than just lively discussions about the best medications for a woman with osteoporosis... I know it's a cliche, but we fell in love Josie! It was wonderful! I was kind of concerned though. He's a very wealthy doctor and I was a lowly med student. I wasn't sure how long our relationship would last.But he didn't care! He proposed to me. I have, as you know, dropped out of school for the time being. It's for the best. And at least this way I never have to go home to my dear step-mom, Penelope, and my step-sisters. I am sacrificing but I am so grateful for what he has saved me from.We had the most beautiful private wedding. It was so picturesque and it was in his, I mean our, backyard! Everything is perfect except....Cassidy. Alex has a daughter from his first wife who died three years ago. She's eight, cute as a button, and completely lovable. Except she has decided she wants nothing to do with me.You know my cooking is not exactly Chef Emerald quality but she refuses to eat anything I prepare! My waffles are good yet she insists on eating cereal alone on the porch.I am not too worried. I think she might just be a solitary girl. But honestly, she leaves to go fishing and doesn't tell me when she will get home and it makes me worry. I tried talking to Alex about it but he says she probably just loses track of the time. Life is truly great though. I am sure Cass is just going through a phase. Meanwhile I am the well-off wife to a handsome man who loves me. Sorry if it sounds like I am bragging. I know you understand because you know what I went through in high school and everything. I miss you, write back soon!

Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment